Divorce Lawyers Resolving Difficult Issues Effectively, One Case at a Time
The primary emphasis of Mullins Law Firm has always been family law. Family law is a dynamic area that deals with crucial issues. Our attorneys practice family law because we like it, we are good at it, and our clients and the bar have appreciated our work and refer cases to us.
Since 1990, our experienced family lawyers in Las Vegas have handled more than 3,000 divorce, custody and family law cases in southern Nevada, and we look forward to helping more families through tough times. The following are some of the core areas of our practice:
- Divorce: Our attorneys are prepared to guide clients through all types of divorce cases, from those that involve only custody issues to those requiring division of substantial assets, and from those that can be resolved amicably to those that require extensive litigation.
- Child custody and modifications: Disputes over child custody issues can have major consequences for parents and their children. Our attorneys expertly handle these cases and are experienced at helping courts define the best interests of the children.
- Relocation with a child: Whether you want to move out of state with your child or you need help objecting to a relocation request, we will work to protect your parental rights. Relocation cases are delicate matters where emotions run high, as one parent will be essentially unable to have weekly contact. When the stakes are this high, experience matters most.
- Paternity cases: Our attorneys are experienced at assisting unmarried parents with the establishment of parental rights and the establishment and modification of child custody and support decrees.
- Child support: Nevada's child support guidelines are particularly complex, because while defined in the statutes, they are applied differently based upon how custody is divided between parents. Our child support lawyers can help you pursue a fair and equitable child support determination.
- Alimony / spousal support: In Nevada, alimony is awarded on a case-by-case basis and is governed by complex applications of statutes and case law. Our firm can help you pursue alimony or seek to limit your spousal support obligations.
- Asset division and property settlements: Our attorneys have the experience to address all issues affecting the distribution of community property and debts in divorce. We have experience dealing with business and property valuations and defining which assets are separate versus community property.
- Business and large marital estate division: Our firm frequently handles business valuations, complex estate planning and other issues affecting large marital estates.
- Prenuptial agreements: Our attorneys help clients protect themselves through the drafting or negotiation of premarital, cohabitation and domestic partnership agreements. These agreements define what happens at divorce or death and are essential components of estate planning.
At Mullins Law Firm, we treat every case with the caring, personal attention that a family deserves. We strive to meet and exceed our clients' expectations for legal representation. To discuss your case with our attorneys, please contact us today at 702-878-7288 or by e-mail.